Former Arsenal coach, Arsene Wenger has revealed that he will holding talks with Bayern Munich next week.
Wenger has emerged as a frontrunner to replace Niko Kovac, who was sacked last week after 5-1 defeat to Frankfurt FC.
German media had widely reported this week that was the former Arsenal manager was no longer an option for Bayern.
But Wenger in an interview with beIN Sports said, “I don’t have any agent, I am the only one involved in this story. Nobody can talk on my behalf.
— beIN SPORTS (@beINSPORTS_EN) November 8, 2019
“I have known Franz Beckenbauer, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeness for 40 years. The success of this club has been built on exceptional competency, honesty, discretion and simplicity. We always told the truth between all of us when it was necessary.
“What happened? My name came out from nowhere, without having anything with this.
“On Wednesday afternoon, Rummenigge called me, I could not answer at that moment, by politeness, I called him back. He was in his car going to the game against Olympiacos.
“We talked for four to five minutes maximum, and he told me they had assigned Flick to be the coach, he will manage the two next games, because they will play Dortmund tomorrow.
“He asked me if I would be interested because they are looking for a coach. I told him ‘I haven’t thought about it, I need some time to have a think about it’.
“We decided together we will talk next week because I am in Doha until Sunday night. This is the true story.
“I wish well to Bayern who are actually at a turning point, because Hoeness, key man of this club, is leaving, Rummenigge will leave in one year, it seems that the future is uncertain, and this club which always managed stuff by being very discreet and direct, is today very exposed with rumours coming from everywhere.
“For myself, I wish good luck to Bayern and for me the situation is clear.”